Search This Blog

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Productive Saturday

Well... yesterday was productive. Mike finished up the front porch railing project that he started in January! :) It still needs a little sanding and a couple of coats of paint, but the major work is done. Then he replaced the deck rails. He also managed to cook a batch of cinnamon rolls before heading off with the missionaries. The missionaries didn't have any appointments, so Mike took the opportunity to take some cinnamon rolls to his home teaching families.

My day was spent painting the kid's bedroom. Mike and I moved the furniture out and I washed the trim. Then I took Reid to a 25 mile scout bike ride. Then I went to Lowe's for the odds and ends we would need for the day's projects, came home and caulked the baseboards and trim. Then I went back to pick Reid up from the bike ride. Then I painted the baseboards and trim. Then I painted the walls. We decided to keep the same blue that is there, so I just touched up the paint to freshen it up. Then I had Reid help me move furniture around to where it would be and then got the kids (and myself) in bed.

The porch and deck look good. They will look even better with some paint/stain. And the bedroom looks really good, too.

It's nice to have a good, productive day like that. But it does wear you out.

Baby Update: Tomorrow I am officially 20 weeks. Half way point. That's always a scary point in the pregnancy for me. I remember when I went in for my 20 week appointment with Reid. Still in my regular clothes, just "beep bopping" along and the nurse said, "You're half way there." I was like, "Whoa! Lady! Slow down, there!" And after yesterday's big day, I think, "How on earth will a baby fit into our lives?" :) And then I breathe, recenter and know that all will be well. But I'm still glad for the 20 weeks I have left.

No comments: