Search This Blog

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Drowning in Home Repairs

So you know all those little things you let slide when you live in a house? Well, they all have to get fixed if you want to try to sell it. Our list of things include:

  • Find a longer tub spout (the one we had was too short and water would run down the side of the tub... we've had it off and just the pipe sticking out of the wall for years)
  • Screw in busted off deck rails... and buy a couple of replacements for the ones that are missing
  • Replace weather stripping on doors (where the cat scratched to get in)
  • Take off screens (many of them have holes and replacing them is too expensive)
  • Fix the kid's closet door
  • Repair some of the bathroom and kitchen counters... the laminate is coming off in places... one option is to just replace the ones in the kitchen.

Then there are the things that I need to do just because it will look better:

  • Paint the darker blue kid's bedroom
  • Paint trim in kitchen (possibly repaint kitchen)
  • Replace carpet (okay... I'll hire this out, but I've still got a lot of work to do to get ready)
  • Tile Kitchen
  • Major yard work

So... anyway. I'm on a bit of overload right now. I'm in the middle of the kid's bedroom this weekend. I'm trying to decide if I should repaint the entire room or if I can get away with just repainting the trim... Not sure. The blue is a bit too blue... I don't know how well it will show... but then I think, "Whatever." So... I'm definitely painting the trim today, but I don't know what else right now. I have a box of things packed up that we don't really need from that bedroom. Hopefully it will help with some of the clutter.

Okay... enough complaining. I gotta go paint.

No comments: