Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Time with Zach

Today Zach and I had a date planned. I was going to get him out of school around 2pm (school lets out at 3:45) and we were going to go do something fun. We discussed it a lot and finally last night decided to go to the bowling alley. I had a couple of coupons and have my own bowling shoes, so the cost would be minimal. They have an arcade there, so he could play some arcade games. So off we went today and bowled our two games. He did it without the bumpers, so he did pretty bad, but started getting the hang of it. I'm not real fond of my bowling shoes, but figure I better get used to them, so I did worse than usual. But we both had fun. Zach got a slushie and a pretzel from the snack counter. And the "old people" (as Zach called them) were doing their league bowling, so Zach thought it was funny that they were doing something that was a stereotyped behavior for old people. Of course, the "congratulations for Blah Blah on a 300 game" going over the microphone over and over again made me think that they weren't as old as Zach thought. :)

So... we finish up our snack and bowling and head over to the arcade. Zach has 5 dollars to spend... a great luxury in our family. He chose to spend 2 dollars on a Deal or No Deal game that gambles with the number of tickets instead of money like on the show... good idea, but he walked away with 8 tickets... not so great. We then headed over to ski ball. I don't know what magic button Zach hit, but he did really good on his score (he got 2 10,000s and a 5,000) and somehow ended up with a Bonus light going off and he got about 500 tickets from that ski ball machine. I wish you all could have seen his reaction as tickets are pouring out of this machine. He was bouncing all over the arcade with his mouth and eyes wide open. :) It was funny. So we ended up with 554 tickets to spend. He got a beanie baby rabbit, a weird squishy thing, a big popper thing (Good descriptions, huh?), and I dared him to get a Fireball. He did and kept it in his mouth for about 30 seconds before spitting it out.

Fun day for us. :)

No comments: