Search This Blog

Saturday, May 3, 2008

ugh!

So Dennis has been there all day! Mike finally went over to see if he could possibly use the tile cutter that was set up in our neighbor's driveway and Dennis was out there taking it down. He said he had been working there all day! Well, being the nice guy he is, he and Mike set it back up (it took 30 seconds) and now we have our fancy cuts all done. Mike just made the last two cuts and will take the tile cutter down. Then we will have our dry layout completely done. Much later than planned, but hey, I'm not complaining! It looks soooo nice. Again, I'll post pictures soon.

So now that my back is absolutely killing me from hunching over the tile splitter cutting a zillion little cuts, we're about to start the mortaring and laying of the tile. All "hunchy" kind of work. Oh well. It's all for a good cause. I'll just have to take it doubly easy tomorrow.

Oh, and I was wrong about my dollar figure before. It's only costing us $400. And I had a whole box of tile that I didn't need (I bought more than I thought I needed so we didn't have to run back to the store in the middle of today). That's $30 back! Woo-hoo!

I bet we'll be up until 1 am laying this tile. :) Still... it's all worth it!

No comments: