Search This Blog

Monday, May 5, 2008

Pictures!

Finally I have some pictures for you:


The before picture. 16 year old linoleum with a big seam right in front of the sinks. There's another seam you can't see in front of the toilet... brilliant placement! You can see a few tiles in the back that I put out to make sure I liked the color.


Mike worked really hard at the demolition. He got up all the baseboards and linoleum in one night. It took him about three or four hours.


Here he is nailing down the concrete backer board. I spread the mortar, we placed the boards, then we nailed our little hearts out! It took about 200 nails.

This is the beginning of the dry run to determine the placement of the tiles and the cuts we would need to make. This was by far the longest step in the process. But doing it well made the laying of the tile go quickly.


Mike made a beautiful flange cut on the tiles.

And here is the final lay out with the mortar. The placement worked out better than I thought it might. I've got to work on my process a little, but overall, it came out nicely. The grout I bought will be almost the same color as the tile, so hopefully the little variances in the spacing between tiles won't be too noticeable. I'm grouting tonight, so I'll put up a picture of the grouted tile tomorrow. And I couldn't really take more pictures because I couldn't walk on it to show the other areas of the bathroom. :)

No comments: