Search This Blog

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Kitchen Photos!

We finished the kitchen yesterday!!!! Well... the counters are still in the process of getting cleaned off, but the kitchen is functioning the way it's intended and the fridge and table are out of the living room! Yippee!

So here are the pictures:

Mike took this picture of me because he thought it looked like I didn't really have a plan. :) He knew I did have a plan... even if it was a funny one. (I like seeing the nice straight edges. I worked hard for those.)

I don't know if professionals reach in through windows to tile corners, but it worked well for me. :)


So here is the nice, expansive kitchen floor with nicely painted baseboards. Just beautiful!

And here's our kitchen in it's fully functioning state. We're using this smaller table for now. We have our fancy expanding table that we can use when we want to seat the whole family. And this table will technically seat us all if don't put all the food out on the table. Anyway. It's a nice little table and it's nice to have the extra floor space open to more easily admire our hard work.


So this is a nice view of the floor in front of the sink/dishwasher/stove. How pretty!

And this is the view on the other side of the island in front of the fridge. We managed to get some grout haze on the island... I'll have to work on that. :)

And last, but not least, today is Father's Day. I went to Texas for 10 days in May to spend time with my dad and really feel blessed to have such a great man for my dad. He has taught me many important lessons over the years in quiet, subtle ways. I've appreciated his guidance in my life.

Which leads me to talk about the father of my children. At church today a lady gave a talk about the important role fathers play in raising their children. I can't imagine having a better father in our home. He's giving our boys a wonderful example of what it means to be a husband, provider, and father. I can't imagine trying to raise these children without him. And now that we look forward to having a daughter, I know that he will provide for her a wonderful example of how a man should treat his wife. And he will love her in a way that no one else ever can or will.

And I love that the guy I first saw riding his bike in the snow in February in bare feet; who caused me to shrug my shoulders and shake my head, is the man who makes my heart go pitter patter after 14 years of marriage.

No comments: