Search This Blog

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lasagna!!!

This is the week I've had planned for many moons to make the lasagnas for the beach trip. One month in advance was my plan. I was a little overwhelmed this morning by it all, but decided that there was nothing to do but to do it, so I dove in...


Two big pots of sauce. Want to know how much stuff goes into 8 pans of lasagna? Well...
This was empty yesterday. Except for the milk, orange juice, and kefir, it's all from the lasagna. A #10 can of crushed tomatoes, 8 cans of tomato soup, and some cans of diced tomatoes. That's a lot of stuff! And that's just the sauce! The 3 lb tub of cottage cheese, the 6lb of ground beef, the 5 lb bag of mozzarella, the 4 lbs of noodles... yikes!

So this is what I needed for four of the lasagnas. (The pepper was leftover from yesterday... don't worry, I'm not "taking liberties" with the recipe.) And I did remember to sprinkle Parmesan at each layer... it just didn't make it in the picture.

So here are four of the beauties. There are three more like these. I made one pan for my family for dinner. I think 7 pans should do us. Plus the one special one for John. They're all nestled away safely in my freezer now. And as I was wrapping these up, I though, "Wow. And I kept the kitchen clean, too." Then I turned around:


Okay... maybe not clean, clean. :)

So. Now it's on to mega list making for the beach.

No comments: