Search This Blog

Friday, June 13, 2008

Mostly about Reid

This week has been a crazy, crazy week. I'm really ready to have the kitchen back to normal tomorrow. We're still working on the grout haze. Stupid haze. I'm going to go over the tile a few more times today with some cleaner to try to get it all off. We're getting closer, but the grout is all dried now, so the haze is more stubborn. Tomorrow I may just seal the grout under the fridge and stove and wait a little while longer for the other part of the kitchen. We'll see how it goes today.

Reid got hired by our neighbor to clean out some overgrown brush/bushes/poison ivy by his house. Reid worked for four hours yesterday and then another hour today. He was drenched in sweat yesterday. :) I was so happy to see him take on hard work like that. Of course, the $50 payment was good motivation! :) But, still seeing him out there sweating like crazy and working really hard made me really happy. I guess it's good to know that your kids can handle hard physical labor. But I'm also glad that he doesn't have to do that kind of work all the time.

So today I'm taking Reid to a scout campout. They're doing a 50 mile bike ride tomorrow in Virginia. He's really looking forward to it. They've been doing practice rides for the last month or two. I don't know if Reid went to any of them except for the 25 mile ride a couple of weeks ago. He did well on that, so I'm hoping he doesn't keel over tomorrow. But, he's 13... he can handle it. :) I'd be dead the next day, but he'll do great.

No comments: