Search This Blog

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Spectator/Supplemental Support

So... what a difference a few weeks makes. I find myself fairly unable to handle the heavy lifting required to do a lot of the prep work to tiling the floor. So. Sadly, Mike is doing the bulk of the work while I either watch, provide overall direction (I'm sure this thrills him), or keep myself busy on the "sidelines" trying to do helpful things. So right now I'm doing laundry to clear the hallway out to the garage so when he starts going out there to cut tile, it will be clear. Not a bad thing to do, but not nearly as helpful as it would be if I were in there cutting the backerboard with him.

So, the demolition is done. Mike is making the dry run of the backerboard right now. Then we'll mix mortar and lay the backerboard. I will help with that process. If nothing else, I can certainly hammer many of the 400 or so nails we'll have to hammer down through the backerboard. Yippee.

Tomorrow we tile.

No comments: