Search This Blog

Sunday, June 8, 2008

No More Sideline Cheering

So, today we got the backerboard down. This ended my "sit back and watch Mike work too hard" streak. I'm the official mortar spreader, so I got to spread mortar for all the boards. It might not seem like it, but we have a big kitchen. :) And I now know each square inch intimately.

So here are some photos with captions:


We had to move the kitchen out into the living room... so here's our table. This is a bit stressful for me because we've had a "no food or drink out of the kitchen" rule for about 6 years now... oh well... the carpet will be replaced in a few weeks, so it doesn't really matter so much.

Here's the temporary fridge home... the kids love it, I'm sure. :)

And our hall closet has been transformed into our pantry with non-cook food items and paper/plastic products for easy clean up.


These three are just showing the floor with nothing on it...

This is Mike pre-laying out and cutting the backerboard. He really likes how his bald spot is accentuated in this picture. :)


And these three are showing the backerboard all in place. How fun! Tomorrow evening we tile. I need to spend time during the day working on the layout, marking lines and purchasing a few more bags of mortar since we used way more than I thought we would with the backerboard.

Did I mention that the kitchen is huge?

No comments: