Search This Blog

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Yummy Dinner - To Me, Anyway

Harris Teeter has London Broil roasts on sale for $1.99/lb this week. I went and bought four 2 lb roasts yesterday. I wanted to cook one while we were at church today, but I've been a little disappointed in the past at how dry they turn out (no fat... I know). So, I found a recipe that said to add a couple of cans of tomatoes in with the roast and cook it that way. So, I put the meat in the dish, seasoned it well, added the carrots and potatoes and then find that I don't have any cans of diced tomatoes. Only tomato sauce. So, I added two cans of Rotel tomatoes. :) The kids weren't too thrilled. But the meat was really, really tender, so I'll try again next time with plain tomatoes and see how that goes over. I cooked it at 325 for 3 hours. I thought the spiciness was really good, but like Mike said, "I don't like it enough to cook it when I know the kids won't eat it." Agreed.

And speaking of spicy recipes... I came across this yummy looking recipe on a blog that looks really good. I think I'm going to try it soon. I'll let you know how it goes.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/05/not-your-grannys-mac-cheese/

And if you try it, definitely let me know how it goes!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Wait a few weeks to make this so I can have some! I've had my eye on that recipe for a while now :)