Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

SO MUCH GOING ON!!!!!

I think I would just crawl under my couch and hide, but sadly, I don't think I'd fit anymore.

I would like to point out something I said back in July when we finished the kitchen:

"Now I'm going to sit back and enjoy my new kitchen and watch my tummy grow. :)"

Well, I'm watching my tummy grow alright, but I'm certainly not "sitting back" while it's happening. The best laid plans...

So what's going on? Oh, well... you'd think packing would be enough to deal with, but the apartment finding isn't going so hot. I found two options:

  • A regular three bedroom apartment with a two month lease... sounds great, right? Nope. Third floor! Not sure if I'm up for that.
  • A furnished corporate apartment with a month to month lease options... the problem? You can probably guess that it's the cost. It would be second floor, but it's furnished... you don't have to carry your stuff up.

We're only planning on taking the very basics with us to the regular apartment if we choose that route, but it's still a lot of work. And then the daily grind of going up and down the steps over and over again... So my plan is to try to talk the corporate apartment people down in price (I like negotiating) and if they won't budge, it will be off to the third floor for us!

And what else is going on? Well... life. Dinner still needs to be cooked, laundry still needs to be done. Homework still needs to be helped with, Reid still needs to be picked up from football tryouts (they haven't made cuts yet), and I have this ever expanding growth in my midsection that is trying to make all of that normal stuff really hard. Let alone packing and planning for major changes.

So once again I find myself in need of deep breathing and refocusing efforts. I'm trying to stay calm and trying to take it one step at a time, but it's hard to keep that attitude for long when there's so much going on.

However, it's nice to think of this house and how well it has served us over the years and how obvious it is that selling it was the right thing to do. Just think how simple life will feel when I'm not dealing with all of this packing and unpacking anymore.

Oh wait... there will be a baby getting ready to start crawling and walking by that point... I guess I'll have to take that statement back. :)

No comments: