Search This Blog

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Apartment and Packing

The really, really good news is that our two month apartment here is going to be on the first floor! We are soooo happy about that. We will move into the apartment on Saturday. That will give us almost a week to do what we need to with the house to get it ready for the new owners.

Mike spent the day yesterday moving boxes into the storage unit. And with near record highs of 91 degrees and unusually high humidity for September, I was very impressed. I supervised the kids taking boxes outside for easier loading, but didn't actually lift a box all day. Given that I kind of threw my back out last weekend doing lifting and such, I think it was wise... but it's hard to not be in the thick of everything. I am still the primary packer, so that's making me feel quite useful.

The attic is almost completely empty thanks to Mike, Reid, and Zach. And I think we're close to having all of our miscellaneous junk in piles in the dining room. I can start packing those up this week.

So the plan for now is for me to get everything packed up that's going to the storage unit by Wednesday. Then on Thursday and Friday, I'll pack up the things that we'll be taking to the apartment. And I need to call the utility companies to get things worked out for the apartment and house.

One of the big problems with this plan is that life is going to be busy this week. I have to go to Shodor for most of the day on Monday (I know... WHY?). Turns out their bookkeeper quit and so the new bookkeeper needs a little bit of direction. I agreed to one day. It's bad timing, but it's also the last time... for real. :) Then Tuesday, Jacob and Cole have a dental appointment. Wednesday is Reid's first football game, Zach has an appointment on Thursday, and I have to pick one day during the week to call our pediatrician's office and try to get Zach in for a nurses appointment to get a vaccine that he needs in order to stay in 6th grade. Friday is clear. That's something at least.

No comments: