Search This Blog

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Housing Update

Mike and I signed a 2 month lease at the regular apartment complex. They may have a first floor apartment. If not, it will be second floor. So the third floor thing is no longer an issue. That's really nice for me. I sure hope the first floor works out. We'll find out this Saturday if it will.

The complex is called Bexley at Preston. It is a nice floor plan, so we should be fairly comfortable there for the two months.

We'll move into the apartment on the 20th (not this Saturday, but the next) and then closing is supposed to happen on the 26th. Things seem to be moving along with that as well. The buyers have final approval for their loan, the appraiser came yesterday, and the attorney's office has been in contact with me about getting some information for the closing. All good things. The buyers called us a few days ago asking for a measurement on one of the walls in the living room because they were going to go buy a couch. Pretty cute. I hope they enjoy the house as much as we have.

And as much as I like the house, I have to admit to being happy about not having to worry about paint, kitchen floors, rotten trim, etc for a while. I'll be a happy renter for the next 8 months. Then we can buy another house and I'll start worrying about those things again. But a little break will be nice. Especially when it corresponds with having a newborn. :)

No comments: