Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ack.

I went to pick Reid up from football practice today. As I was coming up on the school, I noticed an ambulance in the parking lot where I pick Reid up every day. I pulled into the lot, trying to make sure I didn't get in the way of the ambulance (and fire truck). I'm wondering what's going on and if it has to do with Reid's team, another team, or the middle school football players who are playing a game at the high school field. I knew Reid was okay because he had called me a few minutes before to come pick him up.

Reid starts walking to to the car and as he's getting in, I ask him, "Do you know what's going on?" He says, "Yeah, I tackled a guy and he came down on my knee and broke his ribs."

ACK. I was not expecting that.

I feel bad for the kid, but as Reid's mom, at that very moment, I felt really bad for Reid. I asked him if he was alright and what the coaches had to say and all of that.

I think he's alright. But I'm going up to give him a big hug before bed just in case.

And I think I'll make some cookies for the kid who has broken ribs. Reid has a class with him, and hopefully he'll be back at school soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep us posted. I know this is not easy for Reid, but I also know that he understands. Wish the young man well. A batch of our cookies will definately make him better!

Love to all!