Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

In Love

Today was a bit of a hard day for Kira. She woke up really early and was pretty grumpy. One of her three molars is really coming up quickly. The fourth one has yet to break through, but is "right there". I think they must be causing her trouble.

She napped well, but early, so the evening was getting tough. Mike took Reid and Zach to scouts and I stayed home to take care of Kira. I took her in to give her a bath. She's so cute in the bathtub. She was putting her hand in the running water and when the water would splash up in her face, she would turn her head away and smile a huge smile. She kept leaning over and putting her head on my arm (I was leaning over the tub) which was very endearing. Then at some point, she slapped her hand on her stomach and that got her tickled. She kept slapping her stomach and chest and had a big, big smile on her face. The song line "Hopelessly Devoted to You" came to mind as I watched her discovering her world.

Then we came out to the living room where she played for quite a while climbing on me, sitting in my lap, playing the "lean back" game (where I catch her head as she leans back from a sitting up position), and just wandering around the living room.

Finally, she got fussy. It was 8:20 by this point, so I scooped her up, nursed her and then snuggled with her for a few minutes after she fell asleep before putting her in bed.

I think it's safe to say that I'm totally head over heals for this little girl.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh boy, do I understand! This are moments just like I had with Kira's mom!
The depth of love is totally indescribable!

LOVE YOU!