Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What We're Up To

Football. Pretty much football. Reid and Zach have practice after school every day, so I pick them up from that and then they each have a game each week. Zach was sick and didn't play in yesterday's game. Reid was sick a couple of weeks ago and didn't play in a game. It's been a bit odd that way, but still busy.

We're still unpacking and getting the house organized and comfortable. We're about to hit crunch time, though. Our couch for the gameroom will come in next week. There are lots of things that need to be done before that gets here. Hopefully that will motivate us to get some things organized and put away. For now, we're going to throw unpacked stuff in the garage. We'll go through that stuff hopefully within the next few months to decide what stays and what goes. I'm having a little birthday party for Kira on the 24th of October, so I'm hoping to have things mostly organized inside the house by then.

Jacob and Cole are doing well with homeschooling. Mike has found a group here in Collin County that is very active. They have a weekly gymnastics gathering at a local gym. It's $5/kid and they get about an hour and a half of open gym time. That is just wonderful. Both Jacob and Cole loved gymnastics when we did it before, but the cost has been prohibitive. So this will work out extremely well. And I'm considering a language software so they can learn Spanish. We'll see if I do that or not. It's on sale through tomorrow, so I guess I need to decide! :)

So life is pretty crazy, but good right now. If Kira would start sleeping better through the night, I'd be much more capable of handling all that is required of me each day. But I must say that for the most part, I don't mind going in a few times each night, picking up a sweet little person, nursing her in my arms and then tenderly laying her back in her bed. She's a precious little person and I know these days will be over soon. So I'm trying to enjoy everything about them. Even when, like last night, I wake up at some point in the night (I think around 1am) to find that Kira is in bed with me and I have only the foggiest memory of bringing her in bed with me (I typically don't do that). I must have been VERY tired when she woke up (probably around midnight). So at 3am when she woke up again, I nursed her and put her back in her bed.

So life is good. Come and visit. :)

No comments: