Search This Blog

Monday, September 14, 2009

The Office



I agonized over desks for a few weeks.  I wanted lots of file drawer space.  I had planned to put a desk in my bedroom.  Nothing seemed right.  Mike thought I could put a desk between the kitchen and dining area.  I couldn't find the right desk.

I got the IKEA catalog in the mail.  That thing is dangerous!  I debated, but finally decided.  I got three Effectiv cabinets.  Each one has a file drawer in the bottom drawer.  Two have drawers on top and one has plain cabinet space.  It is along the wall that is just across from the kitchen.  So if I need desk space, I sit at the bar.


I put a nice calendar and some magnetic dry erase boards up to keep up with where we are or where we need to be.


And I fashioned a simple, but nice charging station with some hooks on the wall.  I feel particularly proud of this.  This makes life SO much easier.

And my papers all have a place to live.  Keys have hooks so they don't get lost.  Pencils have a home.  So do calculators, school supplies, and my checkbook.

I'm a happy girl.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very Nice! Love the color and contract to the wall. You are doing good. Keep up the good organization!
Love MOM

John said...

The way your writing exudes happiness when you are writing about being organized reminds of Kristin's mood when she muses on that subject...

Kristin said...

is it wrong that the thought of being that organized turns me on a little?

Laura Soto said...

Now I need you to come to my house, bring the IKEA catalog and let's get this place under control.