Search This Blog

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Four Kids, Four Winds

I know I have five kids, but the saying doesn't work with five. And Kira's a bit young to be going off on her own.

Anyway. Yesterday Mike and Jacob headed out to Jacob's 11 yr old scout campout. They left around 4pm with the plan to come back today around 5pm.

At 4:15, Reid comes in asking if he can go to Parker's (his good friend here). He had a day full of church activities this morning and was supposed to be done by 4pm, but I haven't heard from him yet. There's a Stake dance tonight at 8pm that he's going to, so if he doesn't come home before that I probably won't see him until tomorrow morning since I'll be in bed by the time he gets home tonight.

Then this morning around 9am, I got a call from a friend from Austin who is up visiting family in McKinney. They invited Cole to spend the day and night with them (their son is Jake, Cole's one and only friend from our neighborhood in Austin). So Cole left with them this morning and won't be back until 11am tomorrow.

Zach has stayed home and thankfully my dad called (they've got their own wind and are spending the evening with my step brother James who is performing in a play tonight) and asked if Zach would wash his truck if he dropped it off here and picked it up tomorrow on his way home. Zach was thrilled. The truck is now washed and all spic and span.

I have had an unusually empty house. I like it when my house is empty. :) I know that in 10 years when all the boys are gone, I'll feel differently, but for now, I really enjoy a quiet house. Cleaning is so much easier that way.

I had decided last night that my cleaning strategy for today was to start at the front door and go from there. It has worked pretty well. The house is pretty clean and I've even got dinner in the oven.

However, the dinner also has a wind because it's going to the neighbors who just had a baby. I didn't have enough ingredients to double it and make some for us...

Oh well. Be free, dinner. Be free.

No comments: