Search This Blog

Friday, October 23, 2009

Piggy Flu and "The Bearded One"

So Mike has swine flu. He went to the doctor yesterday because he was running a fever. He figured it was an infection related to his poison ivy which now covers many sections of his body. (I told him he should have warned me of his defectiveness BEFORE I married him.) However, it was just that his body was kicking him while he was down and he tested positive for swine flu. The doctor gave him a steroid shot to help with the poison ivy and wrote him a prescription for some fancy ointment to help with the really bad spots. He also got a prescription for some super duper cough suppressant.

And he's feeling much better today. His fever is gone (the dr said it usually only lasts around 24 hours) and the steroid shot has really sped up the healing of his grotesque face. :) (I'M KIDDING!!!)

--------------

Kira woke up this morning while I was taking Reid to seminary. Mike said she yelled out, then another minute later made a couple of sounds, so he went to her crib. At this point, she was pretty quiet and it was very dark when he picked her up. She reached out, felt his beard and burst into tears. I wish I could say that she wanted me because of my great mothering techniques, but we all know why she really wanted me...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We now know what lengths Mike will go to inorder to get out of an annual company meeting. (Just kidding.) Please take precautions for you and the children. When Tori had the swine flu, the doctor put Tommy, Nick and Nana on Tamiflu. Shelynda was excused because of baby.

Please keep me posted. MOM