Search This Blog

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Good News

Jesse is home from the hospital. I called him yesterday afternoon to see what room he was in and he said he was home. So Reid and I went over to his house yesterday afternoon to take him some cookies and a small gift. He looked good. I visited with his mother and grandmother while Reid talked with Jesse. They are really nice people and were very nice to Reid. Jesse told Reid that he was going to be out of sports for 6 months. So he won't be able to play basketball like he had planned, but he said he'd be playing baseball in the spring. It just emphasizes the fact that while you know it's all part of the game and everything, Reid has changed this kid's life.

While I was thinking of what to write on the note that we sent with the gift for Jesse, I kept thinking of the line from Better Off Dead: "Sorry I blew up your mom, Ricky."

Well. A little, cute girl just made a present for me in her diaper. I should go tend to that.

No comments: