Search This Blog

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Floor Plan

This post may make you think that I'm totally ignoring what I said about learning patience and contentment, but I promise I'm not obsessing over the house.

Really.

In fact, I rearranged my living room furniture yesterday to optimize space and make it more friendly for Kira when she starts to crawl. I wouldn't have thought of doing that last week because I knew we were just going to be moving soon. So there.

Back to the house... I downloaded the floor plan from the builder's website. When you see it, you have to flip it horizontally to get the direction of the layout of our house. (Our house is backwards... suits us, right?)

Several changes were made at the request of the family who had the home built:

The Dining Room is a bedroom. The room was shortened a little bit along the powder room wall so they could add a closet and put a shower in the bathroom. There's a door from the bedroom into the bathroom, so it's a guest master. There is no walkway from the kitchen into the bedroom, so the pantry was enlarged to fill that space.

They moved the wall that is between the master bedroom and the kitchen back (into the bedroom) by about two feet. It opens the space up in the living room/kitchen area a lot. And the master is still huge.

If there's one problem with the floor plan downstairs it's that I don't know how well our washer and dryer will fit in the laundry room. The front loaders are deeper than the standard w/d and this utility room is a tad small... we'll see. The realtor asked me if I would consider getting a standard washer and dryer. I was like, "Uh, NO way, man!" I'll figure something out. I'm fancy like that.

They didn't really do anything fancy to the upstairs. They have the Opt Bedroom 4 and Bath 3. That bathroom has a really big shower instead of a tub. I like that. Oh... and they did add a door from Bedroom 2 into Bath 2. So that makes another semi-master.

So that's the house. Pretty fantastic, huh?

And now I'm going to go clean the kitchen that is in the house that I currently live in where I am perfectly content to be... at least for a while...

1 comment:

Laura Soto said...

Love the floor plan with all of the changes the owners made. With 5 kids, you need YOUR washer and dryer! Danny and I talk about getting those in the future, probably a distant future.