Search This Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sea World

Here's Mike's funny version of our Sea World trip:

big old fat orca
jumps up very high and flips
everybody claps

pushing the stroller
people pointing and smiling
kira noms her toe

big roller coaster
gave dad some pause on first ride
cole rode it five times

mike wonders if all
know the internet "nom" meme
provides helpful links

http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/24138/nom-nom-nom_medium.jpg

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=om%20nom

He was quite proud of himself for his fancy haikus.

He was right, though. :) We had a good time. Cole enjoyed the roller coaster a lot! I rode it once and it was alright. I'm not a big fan of being jostled around. This one wasn't as bad as a wooden roller coaster would have been, but it was still a little too much for me. I think I'm getting old.

I took Kira to see the Sea Lion show. That was kind of cute. The boys were in line for a roller coaster (The Steel Eel). Then I took the three bigger boys to ride The Great White roller coaster. It was pretty good. The line was short, so that was nice. Then everyone except Reid watched the Beluga whale show (which mostly had the dolphins doing tricks). Reid waited in a much too long line for a pitiful log ride. He wasn't too happy about it. Oh well... live and learn.

We went out to the car for lunch and Reid took a little nap. It was cute to see him just fall asleep amid all of the activity. Kira needed a nap, so I stayed there to nurse her and see if she would sleep for a while. And she might have, but an airplane flew over so low that we felt the sonic boom and about 50 car alarms went off in the parking lot. I'm sure the pilot was very proud of himself.

So I met up with the guys again and Reid and I headed over to a big splash ride. We got sufficiently wet and then headed over to the Shamu show. Mike was with the other kids and watched the show, but we weren't all together. Reid and I found seats pretty low in the audience, so we were in the "splash zone". We did indeed get splashed by the whales. Reid and I both thought that the famous splashing would have come from them flipping around in the water. We didn't know that they actually went under and used their tales to splash the audience.

After that, we pretty much went over to the Steel Eel roller coaster and Kira and I hung out while the boys rode it over and over and over again. Then we hit the gift shop.

No doubt about it: That's a kid who went to Sea World!

And this is a kid who went to Sea World, but who's a little more nonchalant about it.

It was nice to spend a fun day together. We'll probably go back on a weekday during April or May when the water park will be open.

No comments: