Search This Blog

Friday, March 13, 2009

A Bear of Very Little Brain

This morning I was feeling fairly on top of things. Life wasn't feeling completely overwhelming to me. It was a good feeling. I decided to tackle something that's been on my to do list for a few months: take the Sienna in to get the driver's window fixed.

It's covered under our warranty, so it's not like it's going to cost us much. I just have had other things to do, I suppose. :)

Anyway, back to my story...

I had some paperwork to sign and I noted that it was Friday the 13th. I always like Friday the 13ths.

And last night was Survivor. Which means today is Friday.

And I was making plans to drop Reid off at church for a campout. Which means today is Friday.

And I picked up the younger kids from school at 12:45. Which means...

You guessed it: it's Friday.

So when I showed up at the library to pick up a book I had requested and the sign said they were closed, I was like, "WHAT?"

I looked at their schedule and saw:

Mon - Thurs 10am - 9pm
Friday - Closed

I thought, "Today's Monday... is it a holiday that I don't know about?"

Then Zach said, "Oh, they're closed on Fridays."

It's sad really. Knowing that your brain doesn't function properly. Makes me wonder how many other things that I think don't make sense are a result of my sad little brain. And how long would I have stood there wondering what was going on if I hadn't had Zach there? Sad.

No comments: