Search This Blog

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Freaky Friday

Okay... so no one around here switched identities with a parent, but man, it was a freaky Friday.

Going back to Thursday night, I had gotten back from taking my mom to the airport. Mike made some quesadillas for dinner and then I went to the grocery store. While I was walking in the store, the missionaries called me and said, "Hi, Sister South? We show that you signed up for tomorrow night." I did NOT remember doing this. They stood me up last time I signed up to feed them, so I wasn't going to sign up again until I had talked to them... Anyway, I said, "Um, okay... Oh, wait, my husband is going to be out of town." Which means that the missionaries can't come in the house because I would be alone and that's a missionary no-no. And then I guess I was feeling guilty, so I said, "I can pack up some dinners for you and you can come pick them up." He said, "Oh, are you sure? That would be great. And did you know there are four of us now?" WHAT!?! There's usually only two missionaries. Why on earth do we have FOUR? "Fine." I knew I had the stuff at home for lasagna, so I would just make that. I picked up some corn and figured that would do.

Then Mike calls and says, "Hey, did you remember that Zach has a campout tomorrow? And he needs a foil dinner."

Ugh.

So Friday morning I started on the lasagna right away. Then I started cooking the chicken for Zach's foil dinner. I could have just sent him with lasagna, but he wanted the foil dinner and I figured we might be tight on lasagna, so I did the foil dinner.

And I was doing laundry, too, because Mike needed to pack for his trip this weekend. Yep. Mike's gone. He left at 3:15 on Friday to get to his flight. I had to leave at 3:25 to pick Reid up from school. Kira had just gone down for a nap, so I left her home with Zach, Jacob, and Cole. She was awake when I came home with Reid.

Then the missionaries came for their food. Then I took Zach up to church (with Kira) for his campout. Kira fell asleep on the way home and slept for a little while, but not too long.

Then I got home and decided I would ignore the kitchen for a while, so I sat on the floor with Kira and watched Super Nanny. I love her.

Then around 10pm, I took Kira to bed. She screamed her head off for a long time. Then she woke up every two hours on the nose to eat.

So now it's Saturday and I'm cleaning the kitchen that I left yesterday, doing more laundry, and trying to get the house decently clean for when an old friend stops by on his way home from a conference he's been attending in Austin.

Whew.

Mike gets back LATE Monday night. So I've got three days of me and the kids.... I'm sure I'll survive, but it would be better if he were here for me to bring him Kira when she wakes up at 5:45 happy and ready to play. Given, though, that Jacob is carrying her around like a little dad, I think I'll try to enjoy this time. :)

No comments: