Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Kira had a Doctor's Appointment

I took her in today for the first time since she came home from the hospital. She weighed 14lb 12oz. That's the 65th percentile for weight. Most of the boys were right at 16 lbs by 6 months, so I think she's right on track. She was 25 inches long. They didn't say the percentile for that...

And she amazed the doctor with her alertness and physical strength. I'm surprised by how unusual they think it is. All my boys were pretty much like Kira... maybe they're trained to tell you your kid is special.

And now if she'll figure out that 3:30am is not an appropriate waking time, she'll be the apple of my eye once again. But the past two nights have caused me to miss much sleep. Last night in particular. I'm super tired today. Hopefully she'll get her nights figured out again soon.

In the meantime, here's a fun little story with accompanying pictures:

Mike took Kira out for a walk in the Ergo carrier. He put her on his back and headed out the door. She was pretty fussy when he left and Mike figured she might fall asleep on the walk. A while later, he came back in the house with a quiet baby. He walked past me and this is what I saw:

She had sunk down into the carrier. We were all being very quiet while Mike and I made signals to each other with our eyes about how to get her out of the pack without waking her.

Then

Mike

turned

around

and

this

is

what

I

saw:

It doesn't get much sweeter than that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

THANK YOU FOR THIS. YOU ARE RIGHT!
DOESN'T GET ANY SWEETER. (I KNOW WHAT IS LIKE TO BE A DADDY'S GIRL.)
LOVE YOU,
MOM

Kristin said...

That is just too cute.