Search This Blog

Friday, February 27, 2009

House, Brittany Spears, and Other Random Things

Most of you who read my blog know already that we are waiting for the seller's bank to approve the sale of the house that we're trying to buy. Since it's a short sale, the bank has to approve the deal and agree to have the outstanding balance of the loan unpaid. It can take a while to get this approval and so we're just waiting for their decision. This is a good teaching moment in life for me if I'll let it be. I am much too anxious about things in general and feel the need to hurry through life sometimes. I'm very detail oriented, so I think I just like to have "all my ducks in a row" so to speak. But this morning when I started thinking about waiting for the bank's decision, I felt a weight lifted off me and I felt peaceful and calm. More present in my current life than looking ahead. And that felt good. I know that if this deal falls through, there will be other houses that will work for our family. I'm not worried about that. I just need to relax and not get worked up over something I can't control. I'll do my best.

And tonight we decided to go to Sonic for dinner. Reid got the menu up on our computer at home and took all of the orders for everyone. He and I drove over to Sonic and ordered and then the waitress/food bringer-outer came out and she looked just like Brittany Spears. I thought to myself, "I wonder how many times she's heard that?" She was really, really nice when she brought the food out to the car and since I paid with credit card, I was expecting to see a tip line on my receipt, but there wasn't one. I said to her, "I was expecting there to be a tip line." She responded with, "Welcome to my world." Poor girl. I was fortunate to have a couple of dollars in coins, so I gave her that. I always thought you were supposed to tip the food bringer-outers... maybe I'm wrong. I think I'll send an email to Sonic to see what they say.

And the kids went swimming in the neighborhood pool today. We had a high of about 90 degrees. The water was still pretty cold, but not nearly as cold as it was last month when we went out there on an 80 degree day. :) Living in Austin has it's perks.

No comments: