Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Family Update - yes... the ENTIRE family...

not just Kira this time. :)

Mike - is doing well at his new job. He has some frustrating days, but, hey, it's work. We are both really glad that he's telecommuting. For instance, on Monday, I went to pick Reid up from school, but he never came out from the building... Since I usually drive straight to get the other kids after picking up Reid, I had to call Mike and ask him to go get them so I could see what was up with Reid. Turns out they were having track tryouts after school. Good thing Mike was around or I would have been really late picking the other kids up.

Reid - is trying out for track. He said he was in the top three kids on the long jump and high jump. And he said he did good at the triple jump, too. I think they do some sprinting today at the tryouts. The good thing about him doing well in a category is that he'll get to be on the "main" team that goes to meets with other schools. Other kids who don't make the "A" team still get to be part of practice, but just don't go to the track meets. It's better than cutting a bunch of kids even though it sounds awful.

Zach - just finished reading a book. That might sound like no big deal, but it's the first book he's ever read at home. I assume he's read some at school, but knowing Zach, he may have found ways to get out of it. It was a smaller chapter book and I had to pull a few teeth to get him to finish it, but he did. He gives a report tomorrow.

Jacob - is growing. I don't know when it happened, but he got big all of a sudden. It's a bit frightening. He's only about 6 inches shorter than me, if that. He's wearing my shoes, too. Has been for a while, so I assume he'll outgrow those soon.

Cole - is just floating through life these days. He seems to be pretty happy in general. He and Jacob play with their Legos a lot and he's rediscovered our Mario DDR game. He's playing on Hard now and does really good. It's fun to watch him jumping around. :)

Kira - has discovered squeaking. She mostly does it when she's unhappy, but it's so funny to hear her squeak. Silly baby!

Me - Well, I've mostly been obsessing over the house that we put an offer on. We're waiting for the bank to approve it and for those of you who know me, I find it difficult to do anything when there's something that's uncertain in my life. So I spend my days trying to figure out how furniture will be arranged, how the moving will happen, how to build a Murphy bed for the downstairs bedroom... Just doing my thing. And if we don't get the house, I'll chalk it all up to good research and move on. :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I didn't know what a murphy bed was, so I googled it. Here's a site I found that has some pretty cool designs:

www.flyingbeds.com