Search This Blog

Thursday, February 12, 2009

$100 Dinner

So I told you about how Kira has started rolling over every time you put her down? Well. The bad thing about this new development is that I used to could lay her on her back on the floor and she would lay there quite happily for some time. Particularly in the mornings (her happy time). But now she rolls over and starts getting really fussy.

While I was at Kristin's, I borrowed her fancy Ergo sling to see if Kira would like it. See... before Kira was born, I had this fantasy that she would be a sling baby. I'd just keep her in the sling during the day while I did what needed to be done. However, she has hated every sling I've tried. My homemade ring sling: no way. The $20 Bjorn: tolerable, but not for long. Even the stroller: No way, man! So when I tried this Ergo, I was hopeful, but didn't have high expectations. However, she seemed to like it. So today, after dealing with a needy baby with a stuffy nose who needed to be held all day and a mommy who's wrist is starting to notice that it's carrying a big baby around all the time, Mike and I went during his lunch hour and got an Ergo. They are quite pricey, but I knew that it was a nice carrier that felt good on my back, so we took the plunge.

And Kira rode in it happily on my back the entire time I made dinner. I figure it's just about paid for itself right there. Okay... not really, but having a happy baby on my back while making dinner is SO much better than having a crying baby in the living room or a baby on my hip the whole time! Hopefully we'll enjoy many more meal preparations thanks to the Ergo.

And in case you want details, I got the Organic Cranberry Ergo (no, you can't eat it) with Mocha Sucking Pads (you can't eat those, either). It's so pretty!

No comments: