Search This Blog

Monday, February 9, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

After a week of traveling with a three and a half month old baby, I am soooo glad to be home.

I am really glad that I went to my granddad's funeral, though. It's probably the last time I'll go to his house before it's sold.

I got to see the old barn that my cousins and I used to jump out of. We all laughed about how we used to think the window was about 20 feet high. But really it's 5 feet. :) And I got to look one last time at the little window that my parents used to push me through so I could get into the house and unlock the door. Maybe that happened only twice, but it seemed like it happened a lot. I liked it that my littleness was useful (as opposed to just frustrating like when my brother could drive the bumper cars, but I couldn't).

And I got to see my dad with all his brothers. That was really nice. I can't think of the last time they were all together. Those boys have some crazy stories. I need to try to get them all together again soon so I can record all of their shenanigans.

No comments: