Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Growing Baby/Shrinking Mommy/Worried Daddy


This is Kira waking up this morning... great way to greet the day, huh? :)

Kira weighed 9lb 9oz today at her two week appointment. She's huge! I told the kids yesterday that Kira would be going off to college next week. :) She was the picture of health to the doctor. And her gaining 21oz in two weeks impressed him. He said his record was 28oz. I'm shocked by the 21oz. The boys were typically around 14 - 16oz.

And I got on the scale while I was there. I'm within about a pound of my pre-pregnancy weight. I thought I'd post a final belly shot.


Which brings me to the Worried Daddy part of my title. Mike went to Sam's the other day and brought home frozen cheesecake bites, frozen mozzarella sticks (like at Applebee's or Chili's), and a gallon of whole milk. :) He's a bit concerned because I think I actually lost fat during the pregnancy. I had to stop nursing Reid when he was 10 months old because all of my fat was gone and my milk just stopped. I've assured Mike that I have 15 lbs on that 22 year old mother, but it's cute that he's concerned and taking care of me. He's a good husband and a good dad. And I'm fine. Really.

No comments: