Search This Blog

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Crunch Time

My mom came this weekend and packed up my kitchen. That's a much bigger job than it seems. And it's only part of my kitchen. The rest is in storage... ugh. I'm so glad she came. And she got to hold Kira a good bit today while Kira slept. It was nice for them to get some time together.

So tomorrow I will be packing up clothes and putting together the suitcases for our trip. I'm going to do a little bit of shopping to pick up some trip goodies and some Trader Joe's staples to take with us to Texas. I'm going to miss Trader Joe's. I am moving within 15 minutes of an IKEA, but I think I'd rather have the Trader Joe's.

Guys from church are coming to the house Tuesday evening to help us pack up the furniture from the apartment and the storage unit. Then, if there's time, they'll come back to the apartment and pack up some of our boxes. We'll finish packing up the boxes on Wednesday, pack the cars, load up with my dad and James, and head out Thursday morning.

Sounds simple enough... sadly, it won't be. I'm sure I'll be one stressed out puppy by the time we're leaving. Then I get to spend two and a half days in a car with a newborn and a cat (and I bet my dad is looking forward to that, too!). Fun fun. I think by the time we get unloaded in Austin, I'm going to want to sleep for a month straight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crate the cat. He might mew for several hours, but at least he'll be contained.