Search This Blog

Friday, July 11, 2008

Um... Son... We need to talk.

There are a million conversations you imagine yourself having with your teenage son. You prepare for talking about dating, sex, drugs, gangs, bullying. All sorts of important things. I was not prepared for this:

Two days ago, we ran out of milk. Reid had already poured his cereal (plain cheerios) and I told him to just put some plastic wrap over it and he could eat it the next day. I noticed last night that the bowl was still sitting covered on the counter, so I thought, "I'll just eat that." I pick it up and notice that it feels awfully heavy to be a bowl of cheerios. So I dig around with my spoon and was horrified at what I found. I separated the two ingredients. Mike and I weighed them separately and took photos so that we could always remember the event. And we've both had our "talks" with Reid. I hope this never comes up again... but if it takes the place of finding drugs in our house, I'll take this any day. :)

Here are the innocent Cheerios. Weighing in at 67 grams.

And here is the invading substance! Weighing in at a whopping 114 grams! The poor Cheerios never had a chance!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just taking after his Grandpa South (in his younger, glory days).