Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Fortune Cookies

This is an old story from our week at the beach this past April.

In an effort to "research" the local take out joints (and in an effort to find food I was willing to eat), we ordered some sesame chicken from the local chinese take out place. The food was standard take out and was perfectly good.

Then we opened the fortune cookies...

A little back story: I had just told John and Judy that I was pregnant. I was about 11 weeks or so. Mike's 40th birthday was the next day.

So... I open my fortune cookie and my fortune reads:

A new wardrobe brings great joy and change in your life.

Well... we had a good laugh about that one. Spot on!

Now for Mike's turn:

To be eighty years young is more cheerful and hopeful than forty years old.

How did they do that? That's just eerie! :)

No comments: