Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

We'll Try Anything

It's not like Kira's fussing is so horrible. She's not screaming bloody murder all the time by any means. But when there's as much to do in a given day as there is in our house, having a high maintenance baby is hard to deal with. And knowing that her tummy hurts her is hard for me to deal with.

On Monday Mike was doing a search on acidophilus for babies and he came across a brand that I hadn't ever bought before (I've been taking some "probiotics", but not giving any directly to Kira). I read about the strain that it contained and figured it was worth a try.

So we're on our second day of this and it's possible that we're seeing some improvements. Yesterday, for the most part, she only cried when she was hungry or tired. She's had fewer bowel movements and her poo is more yellow (well, maybe a yellow green, but definitely less dark).

So maybe it's helping. It certainly doesn't hurt. And in a few days, I'll try some more dairy and see if the good bacteria will help her digest that.

And I'm not worried about her health at all. She's growing and developing normally. She's so cute. If you haven't seen my other blog lately, go to www.dailykira.blogspot.com and take a peak at how cute she is. :)

No comments: