Search This Blog

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Or Just Very, Very Tired...

So my last post was a bit weird. I read it again today and thought, "Did I write that?"

I think the lost sleep is finally catching up to me. I haven't been napping much lately and with all the moving and packing and unpacking and having a baby!, I think I've finally developed a good case of the "I'm pooped"s.

What I was trying to say in my last post is that I find myself not handling change very well... and I interpret that as a sign that I'm getting old.

But I think it may have a little more to do with the fact that I'm tired. Really tired.

But, life goes on.

The kids start school tomorrow. Reid is going to the local middle school. Zach and Cole are enrolled at a local charter school, and Jacob is going to go to a start up Sudbury School for the next two weeks until a spot opens up for him at the charter school after the Christmas break. A little complicated, but only for a couple of weeks. Then the three kids will all be in the same school. That should be nice. And a couple of different people in the neighborhood have been surprised that we could get into the charter school. Apparently a lot of people try to get in and don't. So we feel blessed yet again.

So tomorrow I will be home most of the day alone with Kira. I think that may be the first time that will happen since she was born. Hopefully she won't freak out too much.

Oh... and on the allergy front, she's been doing better. That is until last night when I ate two chicken nuggets that Cole had left over from his kid's meal... Kira was up during the night and screamed for a good portion of today. The rash on her face also came back a bit. The nuggets have both egg and milk in them according to Wendy's nutritional information, so I still don't know if it's the milk, eggs, or both. But I think it's safe to say that it's definitely something.

I'm starving most of the time. I can eat a whole meal and still feel hungry. I ate large portions of kielbasa sausage, fried potatoes, and green beans for dinner and was still starving. Then I ate a huge apple that I sliced up and dipped in a massive pile of peanut butter. Nope, still starving. I guess my body wants its dairy fat. Being hungry all the time is really no fun. But it's funner than a baby that screams all day.

Anyway. It's good to be back to the blogging world. I'll have some pictures up of our place and the fam soon.

1 comment:

John said...

That part about eating reminds of me of how I felt prior to being diagnosed with Celiac...I could eat a ton and still feel really hungry.