Search This Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Walton Feed Order

So Saturday was the delivery for the big Walton Feed order I was in charge of. This order included several stakes and was $28,000. I was a bit concerned about how it would go because it's the biggest order I've been in charge of. I did a multi-stake order two years ago, but it wasn't quite this big. I had many, many papers printed out and got the church parking lot set up just the way I wanted it a couple of hours before people were expected to arrive. I am happy to report that except for one Stake who made a bit of a mess of their order after I had verified what they did or didn't have, it all went smoothly.

Mike decided to get to the church a little after me with the kids. He wanted to go ahead and start unloading the truck (so we could get the trucker out that much earlier) and so we started unloading the 6 gallon buckets. There were about 245 buckets. Mike took each one off the truck and the kids and I sorted them into their stacks. When we got home, I added up the weight of all of those buckets and it was around 9,700 pounds. Wow. That's a lot of lifting for an hour. He has a couple of blisters on his foot and sore legs to go along with that heroic effort.

No comments: