Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Hip-Hip-Hooray!

Okay. Here are the final pictures (click on them to see a larger version). I've gone through a bit of frustration with this project, so I'm really happy that it's done and that it looks great. If you were to come to my house and inspect it very closely, you'd see some issues, but hey, whatever. :) I ended up having to put four coats of paint on the wainscoting. That was a tad frustrating. And I ended up having to install the toilet twice because I forgot to screw down the flange that we unscrewed to get the old floor up. But, overall, the project went smoothly and took just under two weeks. Not too bad for my first tiling and major remodeling project. The only thing that remains is for the silicone to dry on the sink drain overnight tonight. Then we can screw the drain pipes to it and we'll have a fully functioning bathroom!!!!!!!!!!!

And here are the pictures:

Notice the nice mirror. Kristin suggested I go to Kirklands to find a mirror since I wasn't having any luck at Target, Pier 1, Lowe's, Home Depot... Thanks Kristin! I like this mirror alot!


The funny thing is that the inspiration for the whole bathroom came from this shower curtain. I bought this and immediately wanted to make the bathroom match it. Now that the bathroom is done, I'm not so sure I want to keep this shower curtain. But I doubt I'll be looking for a new one anytime soon.


Our lovely Toto Drake toilet. These are the best things! I am exhausted from this project, but I want to get my bathroom floor tiled just so I can put in a new toilet in my bathroom, too.


The new cabinet: It may have a short life. Mike noticed that it doesn't have an overflow drain. We'll see how it goes. And the little drawers beside the cabinet are for the kid's things. Each has their own drawer with their own toothpaste and toothbrush and any other bathroom supplies they need. The idea is to keep them off the counter and for everyone to be responsible for their own things. Hopefully it will keep the bathroom clutter to a minimum.


One last look at the nice tiling job. I'm really, really happy with it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A really great job! You have proven that you are your granddad's girl. The carpenter in him as flowed to you! Good job. I can't decide which part I lake best, but I think it is the contract of the walls and the wainscoating. Again, proud of your courage to tackle such a big job! Love MOM

LouAnn said...

Wow! It looks fabulous! Love the wainscoating and the rust color. You should be very proud of your hard work!
Thanks for sharing,
LouAnn