Search This Blog

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Remodeling Woes

It's hard to remodel at your own pace when you have to borrow all the tools from your neighbors. :) I was super ready to do some of the finishing touches on my bathroom on Thursday. And what do you know? My neighbor with the saw (Derrick) didn't come home that evening. Now I can only hope that he's home today. Also, Mike started the porch railing project last Saturday and has a few more cuts to make before he's finished up there. Hopefully Derrick will be around today.

And I've decided this is my last major project for at least a couple of weeks. I'm so behind on dishes and laundry, it's scary. The kids will get to do dishes this morning and hopefully I'll get a few loads of laundry done between coats of paint today.

I do have a few smaller projects that I need to take care of, so I'll focus on those for now. Painting trim and such. Not ripping a room apart. :) I think in a few weeks, I'll probably tile my bathroom. I won't rip everything out like I did in the kid's bathroom. Just the floors. The cabinets can stay. Although, I will probably put in new countertops and a new light fixture. But, that will be in a few weeks after I've caught up on housework and some rest. And again, I have to hope that my neighbor's tools are available. What a bum. (Me, not my neighbor.)

No comments: