Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Old TV room - New Den!

So, when we got the Wii, we knew it would mean moving the TV out of our TV room (technically the dining room) because the room is fairly small (about 11x11). I have been needing to paint this room for a few years now, so moving the TV out gave me enough motivation to go ahead and get this room done. Here are some before pictures:





We've lived in this house for almost 8 years and I've never really done anything to this room. And it's the most used room in the house since it's been our TV room... that combination made for a lot of damage. I used an entire little tub of spackle fixing the dings and the not so small dings. I had to actually put a coat of primer on the wall in order to even see the dings because the white walls were so dirty, I couldn't tell what was going on. So, after much hard, hard work, here are the after photos (you can click on them to enlarge them... so as to more easily admire my handy work):






Complete with a peaceful sleeping kitty. :) And don't forget to notice the blinds. I got a major upper body workout putting those puppies in today. It was worth it! And the best thing is that there's nothing in this room to entice children into it. :) I was sitting in here today for a little while and no one ever came in to do anything. Very peaceful. I should always have a room like this in my house! I put in a new light fixture (see first photo) and even re-mounted our family photo (also first picture). My dad prints these out and the first one had faded quite a bit, so he sent me a new one and it now adorns our wall once again.

Now it's on to my other to-do lists. :)

1 comment:

John said...

Wow! Hard to believe that's the same room!