Search This Blog

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Bathroom Demolition

For a few years now, Mike and I have talked about ripping up the bathroom floor so that we could put tile down. But we've put it off like most of our home improvement projects. So, today, I decided was the day. I also decided that I was going to pull out the bathroom cabinet and replace that. With Mike and Reid's help, all of the linoleum is up and after a good bit of hard work, a little praying that screws wouldn't strip, and a fight with the jigsaw, the cabinet, counter top and sink are now gone, too. All that remains is the shower. Think that should come out, too? Don't think I haven't thought about it!

But, I'll be at least a little sensible. So the shower stays. Mike is out repairing the front porch railing that is rotten. Gotta love outdoor wood attached to your house!

So, it's off to Home Depot to ask about raising the toilet bowl attachment on the floor to accommodate the higher flooring.

I'll report back with some photos.

No comments: