Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Success

Reid is with a group of about 9 boys from church at a high adventure camp in Oklahoma.  He will spend the week hiking, climbing, repelling, and water skiing.

Zach is with a group of about 13 boys and will spend the week earning scout merit badges.  One of which is the swimming merit badge, so he'll have lots of time in the water.

They'll both get little sleep.  They'll both take few showers.  They'll both have the time of their life.  :)

It is so nice that our soon to be ward has welcomed the boys in.  When we move up there in a couple of weeks, they're going to know everyone.  It's just going to be great.


So this week, I'm going to focus on getting as much of our clutter pulled together and packed up as possible.  We're down to a week and a half before closing.  It's just nuts.  I started working in the living room tonight.  I've gotten a little bit done.  But I'm too tired to get too involved in the work.  Plus I mowed the lawn tonight... which wouldn't have been too tiring except for the massive weeds in the back yard.

I won't be sad to see this house in my rear view mirror.  I'll miss the neighbors, but for the first time in the whole moving saga of the past almost year, I won't shed any tears when we're packing up and hitting the road.

No comments: