Search This Blog

Saturday, June 13, 2009

A First


Mike is a funny guy. He lets his beard and hair grow until they're long and unruly. Then one day he comes down from taking a shower and is bald and shaven. Then about six months later, he repeats the whole process.

Well, his beard has been way too long for a while now (I wish I had a before picture to show you), but he hasn't trimmed it because Kira likes to hold on to it while he's holding her. It's like a little comfort thing for her, I guess. And he's such a good dad and loves his little girl so much.

But he was starting to look pretty scrappy. And so yesterday when he started fussing at his mustache for getting into his mouth or into his nose, or whatever, I decided to pounce. I asked him if I could trim his beard.

I've never trimmed his beard before. But he'd just shave it off anyway, so he was game.

So I got out a comb and some scissors and started trimming. Well... it's not perfect, but I LOVE it! I like the trimmed beard at a reasonable length. I don't like Mike all clean shaven so much, but a scraggly beard isn't good either... so I'm happy. (And that's all that matters, right?)

And hopefully I'll get better at it the more I do it.

And Kira didn't seem to notice or care much, so all is still right in her world.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I used our clippers with the #2 gaurd (I think) to trim John's beard last winter. Fast and even. If I used scissors I'd probably cut a bald patch :)