Search This Blog

Monday, June 22, 2009

Home Again... wait... where?

We're back in Austin for a few days. We got home today at 11:15am. It was a good drive down. Kira did amazing. Reid slept the ENTIRE way.

When I was a kid, my mom used to tell Tommy and I to "take the shortcut". We would promptly do all that we could to fall asleep. Then we'd wake up and magically be much further along in our trip than we were before. We loved the shortcut. I've tried to teach my kids this, but they're not car sleepers the way Tommy and I were. Oh well. Maybe it's because they can't curl up in the back window of their parent's VW Rabbit under the warm sun and fall peacefully asleep. :)

I told Reid when we got home that he took the super-mega short cut. One of these days I'm going to take naps while HE drives us where ever we are going!

Anyway. I apparently had the energy of the Energizer Bunny when we got home. I organized all the stuff in the garage and started moving things in the house that were ready for the truck on Thursday out there. I cleaned the living room really well, moved the couch so that we could walk through the living room easier, vacuumed baseboards, and yelled at kids who were using the newly found space as a baseball field! :) (Actually I didn't yell at them for doing that. How zen am I?) I cleaned the den and set it up to be my packing station. I'm running my fourth load of laundry of the day and I did some cleaning in my room/bathroom. At this point, I'm kind of hoping that we can load the truck on Thursday evening and just leave that night. I don't want to wait until Friday. That will require me to have everything out in the garage ready to go so that while Mike is loading the truck, I can do the last minute cleaning. I don't think it's impossible. It would be a late night, so maybe it won't work, but I'm going to shoot for it anyway. Maybe if we have just one or two people helping Mike load, he could get it done in a couple of hours and we'd be able to be on our way. We'll see.

So. Phase II is under way and successful so far. Let's hope I can keep my energy up so that everything can get done.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All day Monday, I thought about the strange way you must feel. Leaving the new house and going back to Austin to the rental house. I know you are an organized susper MOM and can get it all together! Love you much and wish I was there helping. (I can do laundry and dishes and clean and then play with my grandchildren. ----Maybe play first and work next.) See you when I can!!! Love MOM