Search This Blog

Thursday, October 16, 2008

So Far, So Good

Well, it's Thursday morning and there's no baby just yet. I'll be soooo happy if she waits another 48 hours to even think about being born.

Yesterday was quite the day. It was my only super busy day. I got Zach, Jacob and Cole and we all went to Reid's game. Someone forgot to tell Mother Nature that it was October 15th, and it was 87 degrees out when we got to the football game... where there was no shade... We suffered in the sun for a little while, but eventually, the shade expanded over on the visitor's side of the field, so we moved over there (I thankfully brought a folding chair) and sat in the shade for a little over half of the game. And aside from one very whiny child, I did fine sitting in my chair, watching the game.

Reid's team won 56-0. Poor other team. They are a new school, so they don't have any 8th graders. All 7th graders, and they were LITTLE. By third quarter, our coach was mostly playing our 7th graders... who were still killing the other team. Our third string quarterback got to play a good bit and Reid was playing a new position that he had never tried before. I can't remember what he said it was, but it was nice to see the coach letting the kids get a little experience.

This may very well be the last game I get to watch. Thankfully, Mike will be working from home once he gets back, so he can go to Reid's last two games. I will be sad to miss them, but probably would be sadder if the baby still wasn't born by then. :)

No comments: