Search This Blog

Friday, October 10, 2008

Reid's Game - Small Baby Update

So the game this past Wednesday didn't go too hot. We lost 12 - 41. Ouch. Apparently this team practices from early summer and has 5 coaches. We start practices on the first day of school and have 2 coaches. I don't know how programs can be so different from one public school to the other, but you certainly could tell that the kids from the team we played were much more "coached" than ours. But, I could really care less about winning or losing, so I was just happy to see that Reid was playing and that he seemed to really have his head in the game.

And I'm happy with the coaches we have. They really emphasize a well rounded athlete. They want their kids to be well behaved in school, get good grades, and to have good character. I think that's a great way for Reid to begin his football "career". They, of course, want to win games, and get stressed out when players aren't doing their jobs during the game, but they know that it's not all about a winning record.

And I'm doing pretty good. The baby just about kills me sometimes the way she moves about, but it's nice to know that she's plenty healthy and plenty strong. Mike flies out early Monday morning and gets back around 10pm Friday night. I'm going to say many prayers that this baby stays put until he gets back. Then she can be born whenever she feels like it. Hopefully she'll cooperate. :)

No comments: