Search This Blog

Monday, October 13, 2008

39 Weeks


Well, the doctor says this will probably be my last weekly pregnancy picture and post. I went in today and here are the stats:

  • Weight Gain: 20 lb (I lost almost a full pound this past week. I think this baby girl is trying to watch out for her mama's figure.)
  • Belly Measurement: 39" (It seems that my belly and my weight are inversely proportional.)
  • Baby's Heartrate: 130-ish

So, I got the "internal exam" this week and I am between 2 and 3 cm dilated, my cervix is rotated forward, I am 70% effaced, and the baby is at 0 station (fully engaged in my pelvis). The doctor thinks it will be in a couple of days, but recognizes that no one really knows these kinds of things.

Mike left for Boston this morning. I'd like to have this baby wait until he gets back on Friday night, but I have people in place who are willing to step in and who say they won't let their cell phones leave their sides. :)

I decided to clean before I laid down for a nap today. I'll deny that it was true nesting and say that it was just me not wanting people to come in to my house and see the small load of dirty dishes on my night stand. :)

So things are going well here. I feel calm and sure that things are going to work out just fine. I have no place to be all week except for dropping off and picking up the kids (and Reid's football game on Wednesday), so it will be a slow week unless the baby decides to be born. I'll certainly keep you updated.

No comments: