Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Thinking about next week...

The kids have had two weeks off. It's been really nice to just hang around the house... no schedule... no routine...

And no lunches.

I thought I'd show you some pictures I took one Monday morning when I decided I would make Reid and Zach's sandwiches for the whole week that morning...

This is bread for 20 sandwiches. Two sandwiches a day for each kid. Now... this doesn't include the PB&J that I send with Reid every day... I don't make those ahead of time.

The meat... one slice of ham, one slice of turkey. And the cheese... provolone or muenster. We spoil our kids...

Here they are all wrapped up ready for the freezer. The ones at the upper left are the ones for that day. I just pull a bag out each morning for the rest of the week. Not too bad.

So the kids each get two of these sandwiches, a water bottle, an apple, and a small bag of chips. Reid gets an extra PB&J, a banana, and a trail mix bar to help him make it through wrestling practice. It is a lot of food every day.

It makes me grateful that we have sufficient for our needs. I can't imagine the feeling of not being about to afford enough food for your family.

It's lots of work, but it's a lot to be grateful for.

No comments: