Search This Blog

Monday, December 7, 2009

Our first Artisan Bread.


A couple of weeks ago, Mike and I finally got around to trying out the Artisan bread from the book that Judy gave us over a year ago. My mom got Mike a baking stone and large pizza peel to make the work easier and look at what we made!


Isn't it pretty? Mike liked that it looks almost exactly like the one on the book cover. Not too shabby for a first try! Now I'm just looking for a container that will fit in our fridge to hold the dough. I'm trying to decide between the 5 qt and 10qt. Probably should do the 10qt since we'll go through the bread like crazy, but the 5 qt will take up less space in my already overloaded fridge. Decisions, decisions!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful!
I am impressed (shouldn't be seeing how good the bagels are) and very pleased with the results.