Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Six Months

My plan was to celebrate today by dressing Kira up all nicely and taking her to a little patch of blue bonnets to get a good picture of her.

Life had other plans.

First, she got the bottom left tooth today. Pretty exciting.

That's the good news.

She had an accident in the stroller. Cole was pushing her and lost control of the stroller on a couple of steps.

I was a block away and I heard her screams.

Cole was crying as hard as she was.

She's fine, but a little worse for the wear.

Still cute, though.

So not quite the picture I had hoped to post today, but such is life.

We can't believe she's been around for a whole half a year. Seems nuts. She's crawling like a little pro and sits up for about 10 minutes at a time. She likes sweet potatoes and pears. She doesn't think apples or bananas are worth touching.

She loves her brothers and they love her. And today, for the first time ever, I actually used a drive in the car to get her to take a nap. She's almost a normal baby that way now.

Today I spent a little time reading some of my blog posts from when I was pregnant. It is nice to have this baby and this experience.

Hopefully she'll be glad... but I wouldn't ask her that today. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry this happened, but it is art of life. Let Cole know this things just happen some time (as I know you have) but let him know Grandma said this also. Give Kira big HUG for her one half birthday!! Can't believe it is 6 months! Love you ALL! MOM